Manual Lymphatic Drainage Certification
This 5½-day MLD certification course is based on the techniques developed by Dr. Emil Vodder, Ph.D., MT. When skillfully applied, this therapeutic form of soft-tissue mobilization dramatically enhances lymph formation and promotes drainage within the superficial and deep systems of the lymph vascular network. During this course, students will be instructed in anatomy and physiology of the lymphatic system. Basic MLD treatment sequences as well as MLD treatment sequences for mild, medically uncomplicated upper and lower extremity lymphedema will be demonstrated and practiced. Each day will be divided into two sections: theoretical and hands-on application.
Participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the anatomy and the relevant scientific terminology related to the lymphatic system.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the differentiation between the normal and diseased states of the lymphatic system (physiology and pathophysiology of the lymphatic system).
- Demonstrate an understanding of the indications and contraindications related to the use of MLD.
- Competently perform the techniques of MLD for all body areas.
- Develop appropriate treatment strategies for indications such as post-surgical edema, post-traumatic edema, fibromyalgia, general detoxification and other conditions.
- Competently perform MLD on clients after breast surgery for cancer (clients at risk to develop lymphedema).
- Competently perform MLD on clients with mild, medically uncomplicated, primary or secondary lymphedema.
Nicola is a great teacher. The combination of her extensive knowledge and experience with her warm, witty nature is perfectly effective.
Excellent quality instruction. Thorough, very knowledgeable, great sense of humor, beautiful technique, helpful, patient, and a wonderful role model/mentor to look up to.
Nicola is the most amazing instructor I’ve had since massage school and I’ve taken a lot of massage CEUs. She is patient, concise in explanation, and very clear in details of complicated subject matter. I would say that she is better at explaining many things than some nursing professors years ago.
At first, I didn’t understand why this class was 6 days in length. However, as the class progressed, I now understand. It’s a vast body of information and the techniques need to be exact and precise. So thank you for the detailed training. I appreciate this.
Nicola is an amazing instructor. Her passion and knowledge of the material shines through in her teaching. She’s incredibly patient and kind and caring.
Cannot think of any irrelevant information. Course was clear, concise, and left me with a desire to delve deeper into this field of study.
The study was perfectly paced.
I was blown away. I love the work and so appreciate the KLOSE training.
The instructor was very well versed on all topics, understanding of contents, and was compassionate to my specific challenges during the class.
[The best part was] getting enough time hands-on to really be able to practice strokes and sequences with instructor and peer feedback.
This course is designed for Licensed/Registered Massage Therapists who have completed at least 500 hours of massage training or are certified by the NCBTMB. The course is also open to PTs, PTAs, OTs, COTAs, ATCs, RNs, and MDs but these professionals should first consult with Klose Training to ensure this is the appropriate class.
June 5-10, 2017 - Seattle Washington
August 14 – 19, 2017 - San Diego, California
September 18 – 23, 2017 - Boulder, Colorado
October 23-28, 2017 - Birmingham, Alabama
If you would like information on dates for these classes, please contact Nicola at Nicola@klosetraining.com.